Preaload Image

Mt Sierra College accepts credit for the following:

• Previous college coursework
• Military training
• Vendor and industry certifications
• Advanced Placement (AP) courses
• International Baccalaureate (IB) results
• College Level Examination Program (CLEP) results
• ACE Credit Recommendation

In addition, the College offers the opportunity for three proficiency challenge exams (College Algebra, Introduction to Computer Basics, and Fundamental Drawing). Credit for previous college coursework and military training may be awarded as transfer credit with required documentation (if submitted in full within the first term of attendance). Credit for vendor and industry certifications, AP, IB, and CLEP may be awarded as proficiency credit with required documentation. Up to 75% of external credits may be awarded toward a degree program. Mt Sierra College does not award credit for life or work experience.

Transfer Credit

Applicants must submit official transcripts from accredited colleges and universities recognized by the United States Department of Education. These will be evaluated within the first term of enrollment. The following website will provide additional information related to accredited institutions. Official transcripts from regionally or nationally accredited colleges and universities will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Applicants are required to provide a course catalog or course descriptions for the years in which the courses were completed. Catalogs will be retained by the College to substantiate any award of credit. Courses graded C (2.0) or above will be considered for transfer credit. Mt Sierra College reserves the right to accept or deny transfer credits applications.

Core courses: Credit may be granted for equivalence in content and equal in credit hours required for the program of enrollment. General education courses: credit may be granted if they fall within one of the five general education categories (refer to General Education Requirements). Students entering the College with an earned academic bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution may be granted full or partial transfer credit for General Education based on transcript evaluation. Students who are placed in ENG 085 (Evolving English) per placement assessment, but have ENG135 equivalent transfer credit, will have ENG 085 waived.

Applicants who have attended foreign colleges and universities must submit an official evaluation from an approved credential evaluation service (a list of accepted credential evaluators is available from the Admissions department). The evaluation must include the awarded degree, courses taken, and an equivalence of grades, credit hours, and overall grade point average equal to an American institution.

A written request is required if a student chooses to waive the award of transfer credit for specific coursework. Students should first discuss such waivers with their Academic and Financial Aid Advisors as such a waiver may have scheduling and financial aid ramifications.

Notice concerning transferability of credits and credentials earned at Mt Sierra College

The transferability of credits students earn at Mt Sierra College is at the complete discretion of the institution to which they may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree earned at Mt Sierra College is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which students may seek to transfer. If the credits or degree students earn at Mt Sierra College are not accepted at the institution to which students seek to transfer may be required to repeat some or all of their coursework at that institution. For this reason students should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet their educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which students may seek to transfer after attending Mt Sierra College to determine if the credits or degree will transfer.